Sunday: Sloppy Joes with turkey breast on whole wheat buns & salad
Monday: Chicken breasts (seasoned with olive oil & Mrs Dash Fiesta Lime) drizzled in tomatillo sauce (homemade yesterday, but none for me), and steamed veggies.
Tuesday: Chicken Breasts (seasoned with olive oil & fresh rosemary and dried oregano & fresh garlic) with baked potatoes and steamed zucchini (no potato for me).
Wednesday: Leftovers (wrap for me, for bowling night)
Thursday: Crispy Chicken Bites (Eat Clean Diet Family/Kids book) with steamed veggies and potatoes (no potatoes for me).
Friday: Date Night!!!!!
Saturday: Buffalo Chicken Nachos (Chicken on a green salad for me).
Sandwiches made with whole grain bread, sliced grilled chicken breast, tillamook medium cheddar, lettuce & tomato; string cheese, hard boiled eggs, granola or granola bars, apples.
- trim chicken breasts, then marinate chicken and pork, while preheating oven and Foreman grill & put away dry goods & stuff like milk, etc
- wash/slice/chop veggies and place in steamer bags with sprinkle of Mrs Dash, place all steamer bags in container/tray and put in fridge
- begin cooking meats
- boil eggs (18 count this week). when done, rinse with cool water, drain, put lid on pot and shake to break up the shells. Add cold water to just covering eggs and set aside to cool completely
- chop 2 chicken breasts into "bites" for Thursday's dinner. Place in gallon size ziploc with 1/2 cup reduced fat buttermilk (this makes it super tender and easy to bread!). Toss in fridge.
- Switch laundry :-)
- make breading for Thursday's dinner: ground flax, ground almonds, wheat germ, oat bran, seasonings. Place all in baggie, toss in fridge.
- make oatmeal baggies - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 tbsp ground flax, 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon. Seal, toss in container/tray and place in fridge
- dump apples into their bowl on the counter, place bananas beside it.
- slice celery and red & orange peppers for snacking. Place in gallon size ziplocs and into fridge
- allow grilled meats to cool, then chop & weigh, labeling individual baggies (4 oz pieces for snack & lunch, 5 oz pieces for dinners). Slice 2 chicken breasts for lunch meat.
- Peel eggs, place in baggies (2 to a bag). Place all bags in large bowl and put it in the fridge.
- Switch laundry (thank you, Bill!!! he folded the loads)
- boil brown rice (in low sodium chicken broth). Drain, cool. Place 1/2 cup in each baggie. Toss in container/tray and place in fridge.
- pull pork roast out of oven, allow to cool, then slice. Place in baggies, weigh & label each (4 ounce and 5 ounce portions).
- Change the iPod playlist (from testing out new workout playlist to one with hits from the 50's and 60's). Take a short break because Bill made me a wine spritzer and it's so nice outside (1/2 chardonnay, 1/2 mineral water over ice).
- begin dinner... serve, eat, clean up (not a big deal since I clean as I go, literally, every step of the way so there's no mess when I'm done).
- finish folding last of the laundry.
- unplug iPod.