You've just busted your a$$ in the gym. You worked hard, sweat buckets, and now it's time to refuel & repair. What do you need? Protein, of course, sugar/carbs to replenish those depleted glycogen stores, salt to restore your electrolytes... hmmmm... Got it... Let's BOMB your workout!
Chelle's Chocolate Chip Post-Workout Bomb
Recipe by Chelle Stafford
Makes 8 bombs
- 1 cup Cereal - I used Kashi Honey Sunshine Squares
- 2-3 scoops vanilla protein powder (my scoop = 1/3 cup). I used 3.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled
- 1/2 tsp sea-salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used 365 brand organic semi-sweet)
- 1 egg (whole, raw
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (if needed)
- **Optional: 1-2 Tbsp sweetener (honey, sucanat, agave, stevia, etc)
Crush up the cereal into a chunky flour. I used a mini-food processor.
Mix ingredients together until well blended. It should look like cookie dough.
Drop spoon-fulls onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 13 minutes, then allow to cool slightly before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
These bombs are like a cross between a cookie & a biscuit.
OPTIONS: Swap unsweetened applesauce for banana. Use a different cereal. Omit baking powder (so they don't poof up). Reduce sea-salt. Remember, though... any change in the ingredients will change the nutritional profile.
My pickiest taster in the house.
Nutritional Information per cookie/bomb (recipe makes 8).
114 calories, 3 g fat, 12 g carbs, 9 g protein, 2 g fiber, 6 g sugar.