Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Champion Nutrition Recipe of the Week - Turkey Stir-Fry!
by Tabitha Citro, tweaked by Chelle Stafford ;-)
Makes 6 servings
● 1.25 lb Ground Chicken Breast (* I've also done this with extra lean ground turkey breast, Buffalo, Pork, and Beef - as long as it's EXTRA LEAN it will work!)
● 1 bag Broccoli Slaw (produce section of grocery store - includes: Shredded broccoli stems, carrots and red cabbage) - 12 oz
● 1 cup chopped peppers, raw (use a variety of colors!)
● 1 cup chopped mushrooms, raw
● 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
● Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb
● *optional - 1/2 tsp fresh minced ginger
● Bragg's Liquid Aminos (I use the spray bottle)
● *optional - cooked brown rice (1/2 cup per serving)
● Brown the meat, season with Mrs Dash. Drain and set aside.
● Add Broccoli slaw, mushrooms & peppers to pan, lightly season with Mrs Dash. Add 1/2 cup water (or chicken broth). Cover pan and allow to steam for about 5 minutes.
● Add meat back into pan, add water chestnuts and spray liberally with Bragg's Aminos. Mix well and serve.
● Serve over brown rice if desired (adjust nutrition info accordingly).
NUTRITION: per serving - 146 calories, 23 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat, 2 g fiber.