Chelle's Pumpkin Protein Bars
makes 18 small bars
- 1/2 cup oat flour (can grind oatmeal in a coffee grinder if you don't have the flour on hand)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup protein powder (I used Champion Nutrition's Pure Whey Vanilla)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pie mix, just pumpkin)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- With spray oil, coat an 8x8 glass pan.
- In large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- In smaller bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, then add to the large bowl, mixing well.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Press into bottom of pan (it'll be thick, like cookie dough).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove to wire rack and allow to cool.
- Pull cream cheese out of fridge and allow to come to nearly room temperature.
- Cut into 18 pieces.
- In small bowl, mix the protein powder and almond milk until smooth. Add cream cheese, mixing until smooth.
- Frost bars.
- Store in refrigerator
per bar: 77 calories; 6 grams protein, 6 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fat, 1 gram fiber, 2 grams sugar, 85 mg sodium.