Steak with Vegetable Ribbons & Cream Sauce
Makes 2 servings
● 8 oz lean steak
● 1 medium zucchini
● 2 parsnips
● 1 cup sliced mushrooms
● 4 cloves garlic, minced
● Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb
● Sprig of fresh rosemary
● 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream or fat-free greek yogurt (plain)
● 1 tsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos
● Spray Bragg's on meat and sprinkle with Mrs Dash. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes while coming to room temperature.
● Using a vegetable peeler, peel ribbons of zucchini and parsnip, discarding seedy centers.
● Grill meat (I use my Foreman Grill)
● While meat is grilling, spray a large skillet with olive oil. Over medium high heat, cook garlic. Add rosemary sprigs and stir until you begin to smell the rosemary.
● Add mushrooms and parsnip ribbons and cook, stirring often, until nearly softened.
● Add zucchini, stir and cover. Cook until all vegetables reach desired softness.
● Remove meat from grill when it's reached desired temp, and place on cutting board. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
● In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream (or yogurt) with 1 tsp Bragg's Aminos.
● Discard rosemary. Divide vegetables between two plates, top with sliced steak, then drizzle the sauce over the top.
NUTRITION: per serving - 295 calories, 30 g protein, 24 g carbohydrate, 10 g fat, 5 g fiber. 19 grams net carbs.
TIP: Want to reduce the carb impact? Replace the parsnips with more zucchini.