Chicken Mini Loaves (revised)
makes 18 muffins/loaves
2 lbs ground chicken breast
1 large zucchini
1 large pepper (or handful of colored mini peppers)
1 large anaheim chile
1 cup baby spinach
3 large eggs
2 Tbsp seasoning (Mrs Dash, any flavor or Penzey's Murals of Flavor)
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
2 Tbsp chia seed
- Spray Muffin Tin or Mini Loaf pans with cooking oil.
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- In food processor, chop zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, chile, and spinach.
- Add eggs, chia, and ground flax seasoning and ground chicken breast and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture among muffin/loaf wells
- Bake 15-20 minutes (when done, meat will pull away from sides).
- Cool on wire wrack and individually wrap for snacks/meals.
TIP: Use multiple colors of peppers for variety. Top with low-sugar bbq sauce, hot sauce, mustard, etc. To increase fat, serve with avocado, raw almonds, or add cheese to mixture before cooking. Got room for fruit? Add 1-2 chopped apples to the mixture before cooking!
NUTRITION per muffin/loaf