This recipe is my go-to for a healthy snack. It's quick and easy to whip up, you can customize it however you like (see the notes below), and... it's even competition diet friendly! So bake up a batch today and join me in the nuthouse! ;-) Also, if you're looking for more great nut options, check out Nuts.com! They've got a whole page just of Almond products! YUMMY!
Nut and Seed Crackers
Makes 12 crackers
- 2 cups seeds (My mix typically contains flaxseed, hemp seed, raw pepitas, raw sesame seeds)
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea-salt
- *optional - seasonings of choice (see tips below)
- Mix together all seeds, flour, seasonings (if using) and sea-salt.
- Add water and mix well.
- Spread over baking sheet (greased). I wiggle the sheet to spread out the mixture evenly.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cut into 12 pieces, then reduce heat and bake at 300 for 30-45 minutes. Check crackers often to be sure they're not burning.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in container or baggie.
Nutritional InformationAmount Per Cracker Calories: 137 | Total Protein: 6 g | Total Carbohydrate: 4 g (net carbs: 1 g) | Total Fat: 11 g | Total Fiber: 3 g | Total Sodium: 12 mg
*Seasonings - Make 'em savory or sweet! Add onion powder, garlic and rosemary. Or try a little honey and cinnamon! Experiment!
*Spread them with cream cheese (or if you're dairy free, try Daiya brand spreads!). A refreshing dip is a container of Daiya (or cream cheese) Onion & Herb spread mixed with 2 shredded cucumbers (peeled), 1 Tbsp GF Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp garlic salt. YUM!