- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 jar (16 oz) green chile (I used 505 Southwestern Flame Roasted Green Chile )
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (or quinoa)
- 1 can (15 oz) rinsed & drained no salt added Black Beans, No Salt Added
- 1 can (15 oz) rinsed & drained Southwest Corn with Poblano & Red Peppers
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- Place chicken (breasts or thighs) in crockpot.
- Add 1 16-oz jar green chile
- Cook on high 4 hours, or until chicken shreds easily.
- Remove chicken to a bowl, scoop green chili from crockpot into chicken (discard remaining liquid). Shred.
- Meanwhile, cook brown rice (either in Chicken Bone Broth or in water).
- Drain. Add cooked rice to large bowl.
- Add drained and rinsed black beans, and drained and rinsed corn with chilies and peppers.
- Add chopped cilantro, juice of 1 lime, and mix well.
- Serve with chicken on top of rice mix.
- Top with plain greek yogurt, cherry tomatoes, avocado, diced onion, sliced black olive and/or a sprinkle of shredded sharp cheddar if desired.
This makes fabulous leftovers, so portion out any into serving size containers for tomorrow's lunch.
Reduce carbs by eliminating or reducing brown rice. You can also replace the rice with quinoa for a more complete carb/protein profile.
View this recipe, and many others, on my main website, www.RecipeForFitness.com