Tuesday, April 22, 2014


friday's dinner
Two words... Rough Weekend. Lol. After meeting with (read: getting my ass kicked by) Kayla on Friday ;-) she told me to take Saturday as my rest day and have a treat meal. This worked out well, since Bill and I were heading to a local casino/resort with friends Sat/Sun. I knew I was wiped out, but didn't realize how much until I slept in on Saturday morning - until 11am! What???? Yep. Crazy!

Once moving, I packed up my overnight bag and all my food (everything but dinner, and a few extra snacks - just in case) in my trusty 6-Pack cooler and we headed out.
It was great to just relax and have fun, not worry about anything! We had dinner, had some drinks, played around in the casino then crashed.

Then we all crashed... the only thing we all shared was some edamame at dinner, and the ice from the resort, but by the next morning we were all four experiencing gut-issues. I've always been prone to food poisoning and it got me good. Boooo! Kinda takes the fun out of a treat meal, if you know what I mean!

I even went "safe" on my  dinner - GF noodles! But I guess it wasn't enough. Fun while it lasted, though, lol.
We came home Sunday morning, and I crashed on the couch waiting for my stomach to settle... by 5pm it was at least bearable, so I dressed for the gym and got there around 6pm. I had to do chest/triceps and a cardio interval session. Not like it was going to do it itself, and a nasty twisty gut wasn't going to volunteer for a gym-date. I hydrated and got it done. Might have been a bit shakier than normal, lol, but at least I didn't have to break and run for the bathroom.

Monday, I still wasn't full-power, so I focused on hydration and getting in my nutrition. I hit the gym at 6pm - it was packed! I did my cardio then came home, had dinner, let it digest, then went back at 8:30pm for my leg workout. Thankfully the gym floor was relatively empty this time. It wasn't pretty, but I got it done. I also managed earlier to make a batch of my revised chicken loaves (yay!).

Today, I had Kayla at 11. We started with a weigh in... up to 135. Huh. Probably some water weight in there from the chinese food and gut issues. But... my bodyfat was down 3%!!!!!! WOOOOHOO!!! I will take that! We're going in the right direction, so no changes to my diet at this point. If it's not broken, don't fix it, right? ;-)

I got home, ate again, worked, and am now getting ready to run errands. Ugh. I'm such a home-body that I just don't want to leave the house, lol. So... that's my update, and my show prep progress. The good, the bad and the ugly, hahaha.

BTW, for those of you who've asked, Sadie is doing great. The eye infection cleared up in her right eye and transferred to her left. Go figure. She's responded well to the treatment though. She's so patient to let me irrigate her eyes then put in the ointment. Big sweet baby. She and Bear are passed out snoring right now. Ah, the life of a dog ;-)  Last night after I got back from the gym, I stretched out on the couch and she lay down next to me, wrapped her front leg around my waist and buried her face in my neck and went to sleep. How sweet is that???

Ok, I've stalled long enough. Those errands won't run themselves ;-)
Happy Tuesday!


  1. These look great! Is there a certain program you use to easily calculate the nutrition facts of a recipe?

    1. I use a professional nutrition software, but for years I used http://nutritiondata.self.com/ It's free, and though I had to spend a lot of time entering "custom" foods to get accurate nutrition info, it was worth it for me. It's fairly easy to use, too! :-)